Inorganic fibers with EPDM binder
With minimal weight loss, reduced creep relaxation, and improved torque retention, Garlock® inorganic fiber gaskets provide excellent thermal stability. Inorganic fibers have excellent heat and oxidation resistance and can withstand continuous operating temperatures up to 550 ° F (290 ° C) with a maximum peak of 800 ° F (425 ° C).
- Features / Benefits
- Tighter seal
- Provides excellent thermal stability with minimal weight loss
- Provides optimal tightness with reduced creep relaxation and improved torque retention
- High temperature resistance
- Withstands continuous operating temperatures up to 550 ° F (290 ° C) with a maximum peak of 800 ° F (425 ° C)
- IFG® 5500 has passed the Garlock fire test and ABS fire safety certification.
- Suitable for sheet or cutting gasket form
- Minimum temperature: -100 ° F / -73 ° C
- Maximum temperature: 800 ° F / 427 ° C
- Continuous maximum: 550 ° F / 288 ° C
- Maximum pressure: 1,200 PSI / 83 bar
- PxT 1/16: 400,000 (° F x PSIG) / 14,000 (° C x bar)
- PxT 1/8: 275,000 (° F x PSIG) / 9,600 (° C x bar)
* Minimum recommended assembly stress = 4,800psi. Recommended assembly stress = 6,000-10,000psi. Gasket thickness of 1/16 "is highly recommended. Re-tighten bolts / studs before pressurizing the assembly. For saturated or superheated steam above 150 psig, consult Garlock Engineering.
- Aliphatic hydrocarbon
- Saturated Vapor*
- Inert gas
- Most refrigerants