Combines Style 98 carbon fiber packing with GRAPH-LOCK® cup cone molded rings to form a nearly chemically inert kit.
When tightening the packing gland, the 9000-EVSP® simplifies radial expansion of the kit, resulting in a positive stem OD seal and stuffing box ID seal.
- Features / Benefits
- Patented "cup cone" design allows selective component compression and controlled radial flow to effectively seal ID and OD
- End rings serve as scraper rings to limit the transfer of graphite particles while preventing extrusion and providing additional elasticity
- Patented "cup cone" design provides tightness in a valve as shallow as a three-ring cross section
- For deep stuffing boxes requiring more than 7 ring kits, machined / open carbon fiber bushings can reduce box depth
- Class 250 (Style # 4525) for general applications
- Class 580 (Style # 4540) for nuclear applications
- End ring selection: Style 98 (general conditions) or Styles G-700 or 1398 (nuclear conditions)
- Minimum temperature: -328 ° F / -200 ° C
- Maximum temperature: 850 ° F / 455 ° C
- Maximum valve pressure: 10 000 psi / 689.5 bar
- Oil and gas industry processing
- Any valve application where scaling, chemical attack or health hazards need to be eliminated
Customized design capabilities