Consisting of a high-quality fiber core and a PTFE shell, it reduces friction in pneumatic valves for steam, water, air, and process control applications.
The special material combination optimizes the low friction of PTEE and the structural integrity of high-quality carbon fiber to achieve excellent sealing effect and low friction during valve stem transmission. Packing is available in bobbin-type kits and die-cast ring kits for the convenience of end users.
- Features / Benefits
- Low friction: Up to 20% lower friction compared to leading competitors.
- Customizable materials and bushings: Available in all standard sizes. These products can be constructed in almost any size. We offer custom carbon fiber sleeves to optimize case depth and kit performance.
- Simple logistics management: planning for supply disruptions? Molding kits provide you with a convenient way to make sure you have exactly what you need.
- Quality: Using the highest quality and purity materials in combination with our processes allows us to provide consistent and reliable products to ensure safety and performance.
- A potential cost reduction is achieved by reducing the size of the required transmission.
- The solution in use is suitable for smaller drives in complex applications.
- Convenience of die-casting type or mandrel cutting bobbin type.
- Construction: Woven carbon fiber core coated with PTFE fiber
- Minimum temperature: -200 ° F / -130 ° C
- Maximum temperature: 550 ° F / 288 ° C
- pH range: 0-14
- Pressure: up to 3,500 psi / 242 bar in the valve (for high pressure applications, consult Garlock Engineering.)
Bobbin version with a maximum temperature of 500 ° F / 260 ° C. Including leading class low friction performance and universal spools.
5882 Die-cast Beveled Ring Kit
Discrete: Simple logistics management and leading low friction performance at the same level.
GRAPH-LOCK® and 5882 ring combination kit for the nuclear industry. The Model 5882 LSP Kit is a die-cast engineering graphite kit with a Type 5882 end ring. The LSP kit has the best sealing performance and higher heat dissipation.
- Pneumatic valve (AOV)
- Process control
If lower PTFE content / higher temperature components are required, the Model 5882 can be used as an end ring and used with a GRAPH-LOCK® centering ring. For advice, contact the Application Engineering department or product line manager.