Robust and versatile carbon fiber packing.
Type 98 is made of high-purity (95% + carbon) premium grade carbon fiber. Before weaving with a high-temperature non-petroleum-based lubricant, a single fiber was coated with a stone mill dispersant at one end and dried at one end.
- Features / Benefits
- Low coefficient of friction to extend equipment life and reduce shaft wear
- High thermal conductivity means lower process operating temperatures and longer packing life
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Obtained low chloride certification
- When used as an end ring material with the die-cast GRAPH-LOCK® centering ring, the pressure limit for Model 98 has not been determined.
- We can request certification for less than 200 ppm of dissolved chloride.
- Minimum temperature -328 ° F / -200 ° C
- Maximum temperature: 850 ° F / 455 ° C
- Maximum Rotary Pump Pressure: 500 psi / 34.5 bar
- Maximum valve pressure: 2,500 psi / 275.8 bar
- Maximum Rotary Pump Speed: 4,000 fpm / 20.32 m / s