Expansion joint meets US Navy specifications
The Garlock 7250 FLEXO-MATIC® rubber connector consists of three basic components: a tube, a body (carcass), and a cover. Designed to absorb noise and vibration in air conditioning, heating and industrial piping systems, the Style 7250 FLEXO-MATIC® expansion joint is suitable for a wide range of temperatures, pressures and pipe sizes. Regional Availability Restrictions: Not available in Europe
- Features / Benefits
- Eliminate noise sources. Garlock FLEXO-MATIC® rubber connectors are designed to absorb equipment noise before transmission through the pipe system.
- Since high-frequency vibration is basically eliminated, vibration can be reduced and equipment life can be extended.
- With FLEXO-MATIC® connectors, full compensation for expansion, contraction and offset.
- Designed with FLEXO-MATIC® to absorb water hammer and fluid vibration.
- Because there is no metal-to-metal contact between the connector and the metal tube, there is no electrolysis.
The structural characteristics of the 7250 FLEXO-MATIC® are as follows:
Dacron is a registered trademark of EI du Pont Nemours and the company.
- The fitting-A protective leak-proof lining is made of synthetic rubber, which can be different according to the use situation. Garlock's standard tubes are specially treated and compounded to resist the hot and cold water found in air conditioning and heating systems. The seamless tube extends through the hole to the outer edge of the flange. The purpose is to eliminate the possibility of fluids penetrating the carcass and weakening the fabric.
- Body or carcass-composed of fabric and rubber, reinforced with metal.
- A. Fabric Reinforcement-Wrap and cover with cotton denim, Dacron®, or other suitable fabric impregnated with synthetic rubber to provide the required flexibility and support between the tube and the cover.
- B. Metal Reinforcement-The spirally wound steel wire is firmly embedded in the carcass to provide resistance against vacuum and pressure. Provides extra strength in the critical flange corner area to provide a reliable flange seal for the Style 7250 at 150psi.
- Lid-A uniform layer of synthetic rubber can protect the carcass from corrosion or mechanical damage. The sturdy lid can withstand aging and weathering for a long time to achieve a trouble-free service life.
- Flange-Garlock Expansion Joint with American Standard 125 / 150lb. Or 250lb. Drilling. Navy or other special drilled and crimped flanges are also available on request.
- Steel retaining rings-mounted directly on the inside surface of each flange, they provide a metal surface that evenly distributes the bolt pressure around the flange. The bolts must not damage the flange, but sufficient pressure can be applied to achieve a seal without the use of gaskets. Retaining rings are usually coated with a corrosion-resistant coating, but galvanized or stainless steel retaining rings are also available on request.
- Temperatures up to 400 ° F / 204 ° C
- Pressures up to 150psi
- Standard tube sizes from 2 inches to 12 inches
- air conditioning
- Industrial pipeline