PTFE Spool Type Flexible Coupling
These PTFE concentric spool-type flexible coupling designs reduce noise and compensate for expansion, contraction, and small pipe offsets in chemical processing, air conditioning, and heating systems. Style 214 has 2 windings and Style 215 has 3 windings. Regional Availability Restrictions: Not available in Europe
- Features / Benefits
- Winding shape has long flex life at high temperatures
- Proprietary contouring process ensures consistent wall thickness, resulting in bursting
- PTFE body can withstand corrosion, water, steam and most chemicals and gases
- Higher pressure and temperature ratings mean longer life for most piping systems
- Pre-set limit bolts prevent excessive extension
- Available silicon-free
PTFE control unit and flange
- Complete components include fluororesin PTFE body, ductile iron-plated flanges, polyethylene-restricted bolts, and corrosion-resistant retaining rings
- Standard sizes from 1in / 25 mm to 8in / 200 mm
All PTFE fittings and couplings are equipped with ductile iron flanges and control units for immediate field installation. Other alloy flanges can be specially ordered.
Garlock PTFE expansion joints and couplings have pressure ratings high enough to handle most applications. As the pipe size increased, Garlock increased the thickness of the bellows and the strength of the retaining ring to compensate for changes in internal forces. This allows the same high pressure.
- Protect flanges from atmospheric corrosion and tap to 150 Ibs. ANSI standard drilling.
- Assemble the control unit and flange to prevent excessive axial extension of the joint. It is designed to accept static pressure thrust in piping systems.
- The pull rod is set to the maximum end-to-end working limit at the factory, and the lock nut can prevent the expansion joint from extending excessively. The tie rod is covered with polyethylene to eliminate metal-to-metal contact between the rod and the flange, which is the most common cause of noise transmission and electrolysis.
- Pressure and vacuum ratings
- Minimum temperature: -100 ° F / -70 ° C
- Maximum temperature: 450 ° F / 230 ° C
- Maximum pressure (Style 214): 178psi / 12bar
- Maximum pressure (Style 215): 132psi / 9 bar
- Maximum inner diameter: 8in./200mm